This post is long overdue seeing that I went to Bali about a month ago. A good friend of mine and I made a spontaneous decision in May to jet off to Bali in July - planning a trip in just over six weeks can be quite chaotic!
I've always wanted to go to Bali and I was ridiculously excited to runaway from the cold South African Winter. Spending 10 days in paradise felt like heaven and came to an end so quickly. Living in my bathing costume was one of my favorite parts - besides riding an elephant that is!
There'll be another post about our trip where I'll detail the activities as well as list some tips for those of you who are (planning on) going to Bali soon. This could easily one of my favorite places for a vacation.x
It’s been a while since my last post and it feels slightly awkward to be posting again but it’s time to get back into it. I’ve been struggling with balancing a full-time job, a social life and a blog but I think I’ve finally found a way around it.
I have this obsession with road-trips and getting away for bit even if it’s for a few days – getting away from the madness is what keeps me sane!
We kicked off the New Year with a quick trip to the west coast which was the perfect way to end off the holiday season and it’s also a lot easier to get back into the swing of things once you’re well rested and feeling refreshed. This month we’ll be heading to Jo’burg and then I have a HUGE trip coming up in July – but more about that later!
Do you find getting away for a bit inspires & motivates you to work harder or is there something else that you do to unwind?
It's been a while since I last posted - almost 3 months actually, and its embarrassing to say the least. Since I've started working, I've been struggling to manage my time and find a balance between working, studying and blogging. I still haven't found it, but I think I'm a bit closer to it than when I first started. I've found myself lusting after a few basic items which works perfectly for both work and campus. Anything in black or nude - especially a simple long or short sleeve tee is definitely on my list of favorites. Pencil skirts are perfect for the office and so are a good pair of fitted blue jeans. If I had my way, I wouldn't be wearing any jackets, boots or coats right now but this weather doesn't allow me to go without it. Obviously, a pair of nude heeled sandals found its way onto the list along with a few simple accessories.
It's been a while since I have had time to post new content due to the fact that I've had to register myself to study and because I've been working. I've decided to focus completely on my studies so I'll have a lot more time to blog during the day.
My taste in music has been changing quite a bit lately and I thought I'd share some of the tracks that I'm currently into. These tracks are from three of my favourite Youtube music channels - Underground Charisma, Fhinq Music and Majestic Casual.
I've been listening to these tracks pretty much all the time. Great 'study' music!
1. Tinashe - Vulnerable (Pomo Remix)
2.The Weeknd - Wanderlust (Snakeships Remix)
3. Ciara - I'm Out (Sweater Beats Bootyleg)
4. Ludacris - Stand Up (LeMarquis Remix)
5. Pomo Ft. Andrea Cormier - Start Again
6. Pharrell Williams & Jay Z - Frontin' (Disclosure Rework)
7. Frank Ocean - Thinkin' bout you (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg)
8. Aaliyah - One in a Million (Urban Noize Remix)
9. Destiny's Child - Say My Name (Cyril Hahn Remix)
10. Cassie - Me & U (VILLAGE Bootleg Remix)
11. Usher - Climax (Figgy Remix)
12. Janet Jackson - If (Kaytranada Remix)
13. Teedra Moses - Be Your Girl (Kaytranada Edition)
14. TLC - Creep (Kaytranada's Creepier Edition)
15. Beverly - Typically Her (Kaytranada Edition)
16. SNAKESHIPS - Make It
17. ASTR - Hold On We're Going Home (Drake Cover)
18. Christina Aguilera - Genie in a Bottle (Kartell Remix)
19. Beyonce - XO (Full Crate Remix)